Paul Gibney is a partner and practices in the firm’s Toronto office.
Paul’s practice focuses on personal, corporate and trust planning for high net worth individuals, family offices, executives, owner-managers and their businesses, both domestic and international, including: corporate reorganizations; estate planning; purchases and sales of businesses; immigration and emigration; non-profit organizations and charities. Paul also represents taxpayers in their dealings with the CRA in the context of audits, appeals and voluntary disclosures.
Paul served as Policy Advisor to the Minister of National Revenue in Ottawa in 1996 and 1997. In that capacity, Paul developed significant contacts within the Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”). He is a former member of the Toronto Centre TSO CRA & Professional Consultation Group. He is also a former member of the CRA’s Scientific Research & Experimental Development (“SR&ED) Advisory Committee, its International Tax Advisory Committee and its SR&ED Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee.
- B.Comm, University of British Columbia
- LL.B, University of Toronto
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Contributing Editor, Federated Press Personal Tax and Estate Planning Journal
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member, CBA Tax Subsection