Becky Potter is a partner practicing in the firm’s Toronto office.
Known for her strategic approach, honed advocacy skills, and breadth of tax knowledge, Becky Potter is a highly sought-after tax litigator. She has successfully represented her clients at every level of court both provincially and federally, including a landmark win at the Supreme Court of Canada. In addition to her in-court experience, she has extensive out-of-court experience negotiating favourable settlements for her clients.
Becky is an active member of the tax law community: she has served multiple terms as a Tax Litigation Practice Group Leader for the Advocates’ Society, she speaks regularly at continuing legal education programs, she contributes frequently to written publications, and she participates in several formal and informal mentoring programs.
For all her successes and contributions, Becky has been recognized by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in Tax Law by Best Lawyers International, and as a Repeatedly Recommended Corporate Tax Litigator by Lexpert. She has also been included in multiple editions of both the Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Litigation Lawyers, and the Lawyer Monthly Magazine.
- JD, Osgoode Hall Law School
- BSocSc, University of Ottawa (Magna Cum Laude)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Canadian Tax Foundation, Member
- Advocates’ Society, Tax Litigation Practice Group Leader
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Ontario, Member
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario, Mentor
- OBA Charity and Not-for-Profit Section, Former Executive Committee Member