Becky Potter is a partner practicing in the firm’s Toronto office.
Becky focuses her practice on all aspects of taxpayer representation and tax litigation. She has successfully represented clients at every level of court both provincially (in Ontario) and federally, including a recent landmark win at the Supreme Court of Canada. In addition to her in-court experience, she has extensive out-of-court experience negotiating favourable settlements for her clients. Becky also devotes time to assisting charities and not-for-profits with their interactions with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Becky is an active member of the tax law community: she speaks regularly at continuing legal education programs, she contributes frequently to written publications, and she participates in several formal and informal mentoring programs.
Becky is the partner responsible for the recruitment of students and associates in the firm’s Toronto office.
- JD, Osgoode Hall Law School
- BSocSc, University of Ottawa (Magna Cum Laude)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Canadian Tax Foundation, Member
- Advocates’ Society, Tax Litigation Practice Group Leader
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Ontario, Member
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario, Mentor
- OBA Charity and Not-for-Profit Section, Former Executive Committee Member