Becky Potter is a partner practicing in the firm’s Toronto office.
Becky focuses her practice on all aspects of taxpayer representation and tax litigation, as well as assisting charities and not-for-profits with their interactions with the Canada Revenue Agency. She has represented taxpayers before the Tax Court of Canada, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada on a wide range of federal, provincial, and international tax issues. In addition to her experience in court, Becky has extensive experience negotiating favourable out-of-court settlements on behalf of her clients.
Becky is an active member of the tax law community: she speaks regularly at continuing legal education programs, she contributes frequently to written publications, and she participates in several formal and informal mentoring programs. Becky is also the partner responsible for the recruitment of students and associates in the firm’s Toronto office.
- JD, Osgoode Hall Law School
- BSocSc, University of Ottawa (Magna Cum Laude)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Canadian Tax Foundation, Member
- Advocates’ Society, Former Tax Litigation Practice Group Leader
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Ontario, Member
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario, Mentor
- OBA Charity and Not-for-Profit Section, Former Executive Committee Member