Milan is an associate practising in the firm’s Toronto office.
Milan frequently advises on personal, corporate and trust planning, with a particular focus on high-net-worth professionals, owner-managers and their businesses. His practice encompasses all aspects of domestic Canadian tax law, including reorganizations, private wealth and estate planning, purchases and sales of businesses, non-resident trusts, immigration/emigration, and registered charities. Milan has published a host of articles for the Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF) and is currently a member of the CTF Toronto Young Practitioners’ Steering Committee.
Milan seeks to provide clients with practical solutions to technical matters. His approach prioritizes keen listening skills and a genuine curiosity for understanding complex issues.
Before joining Thorsteinssons, Milan summered and articled at a leading national law firm. He obtained his J.D. from the Queen’s University Faculty of Law, where he was awarded the Dean’s Bronze Scholar Award for the third highest cumulative average in his first year, as well as the R.W. Leonard Scholarship in Law for overall academic excellence. Milan also received prizes for best combined marks in Constitutional Law and Labour Law, and was the Senior Student Editor of the Canadian Labour and Employment Law Journal.
Outside of work, Milan is an outdoor enthusiast and can be found exploring Canada’s provincial and national parks.
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar (2018)
- J.D., Queen’s University (2017, Dean’s Bronze Scholar)
- Honours Bachelor of Social Science in Political Science, University of Ottawa (2014, Summa Cum Laude)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation Toronto Young Practitioners’ Steering Committee
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Completed, Canadian Bar Association’s Tax Law for Lawyers
- Completed, CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario