Kimberley Cook is a partner working out of the Vancouver and Toronto offices of Thorsteinssons LLP whose practice focuses on tax litigation and representation.
Called to the bar in 1987, she has appeared on numerous occasions before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Canada, the British Columbia Supreme Court, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, the Provincial Court of British Columbia, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, on a wide range of income tax, provincial sales tax, GST and customs matters.
Kim has represented a wide array of private and public sector clients including Teck Metals Ltd., B.C. Ferries Corporation, Bauer Hockey Inc, TELUS, the City of Abbotsford, Labatt Brewing Co., Shaw Communications, South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink); Catalyst Paper Corporation, Cott Corporation, Marine Atlantic Inc., ELIM Housing Society, and Saputo Foods Ltd. to name a few.
- LL.B. from the University of Western Ontario
- Case Western Reserve University Law School - Canada U.S. Law Institute
- UC Berkeley Executive Management Program
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member Law Society of British Columbia
- Member CBA Tax Subsection
- Member CBA Litigation Subsection
- Member CBA Commodity Tax Subsection
- Member American Bar Association
- Board Member, Haven Society, Nanaimo B.C.