Brendan Forrest is an associate working out of the Toronto office of Thorsteinssons LLP.
Brendan’s practice focuses on corporate tax advisory and planning services.
Brendan earned his Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from St. Michael’s College at the University of Toronto and his Juris Doctor from the Robson Hall Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba. While in law school, Brendan worked as a student editor for the Desautels Review for Private Enterprise and the Law and volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada providing legal aid services to low-income individuals. Brendan attended the Rothberg International School at Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 2017 and completed the Asper International Program on Israeli Law & Society.
Brendan has been published in an academic law journal and has authored practitioner-oriented articles on several tax topics for a provincial bar association.
Prior to joining Thorsteinssons LLP, Brendan practiced in the corporate and tax departments of a major law firm.
- B.A. (Honours), St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto, 2014
- Asper International Program on Israeli Law & Society, Rothberg International School, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2017
- J.D., Robson Hall Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba, 2019 (UMSU Scholarship for placing in the top 4% of first year law; Dean’s Honour list for placing in the top 10% of law students 2017, 2018, 2019; Pitblado Scholarship 2017, 2018; Neil James MacDonald Memorial Prize for highest standing in Criminal Law)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Director (Regional), Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course (enrolled)