Asif Abdulla is a partner working out of the Vancouver office of Thorsteinssons LLP.
He practices in the area of domestic and international tax planning for individuals, trusts, corporations and other private enterprises with a view to achieving tax efficiency across all aspects of his clients’ personal and business affairs.
Asif’s practice is focused on advising individuals and businesses in respect of succession and estate planning, tax-driven corporate reorganizations, immigration/emigration tax planning, business structuring and cross-border tax planning. Asif acts for a number of clients who are in dispute with the Canada Revenue Agency and provides advice in respect of applying under the Voluntary Disclosure Program.
Asif is an instructor and co-author for the CPA course entitled “Tax Planning For Private Enterprises on Business Succession”. He is also a contributor to Canadian Tax Foundation publications and has successfully completed all three years of the In-Depth Tax Course offered by CPA Canada.
- J.D., University of Victoria (competitor in the Donald G.H. Bowman National Tax Moot; recipient of the University of Victoria President’s Scholarship, McMillan LLP First-Year Achievement Award and the Acheson Whitley Sweeney Prize in Torts)
- B.A., University of Ottawa (concentration in Criminology)
- In-Depth Tax Course, CPA Canada
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Canadian Bar Association: Taxation Section
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Instructor, Chartered Professional Accountants of BC