Noah is a partner practising in the firm’s Toronto and Vancouver offices.
Noah’s practice focuses on all aspects of commodity tax, including Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax, provincial sales taxes, property or land transfer taxes and municipal taxation as well as customs laws and other issues applicable to international trade. He speaks and writes regularly on these topics, including Vancouver’s vacancy or empty homes tax, B.C.’s foreign buyers tax and speculation tax and Ontario’s non-resident speculation tax.
Prior to joining Thorsteinssons, Noah practiced corporate/commercial and real estate law at a large regional firm. He has written a series of books and articles on various issues in those and other legal areas.
- B.C.L. and LL.B., McGill University (graduated with distinction, degrees in common law and civil law)
- B.A., Concordia University (Political Science)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, CBA Commodity Tax Subsection
- Member, CBABC Taxation Law Section
- Member, Jewish Lawyers Association of BC