Kyle is a partner practicing in the firm’s Toronto office.
Kyle’s practice focuses on personal, corporate and trust planning for high net worth families, professionals, and owner-managers and their businesses, both domestic and international. He advises on corporate reorganizations, purchases and sales of businesses, investments and real estate, estate planning, professional incorporations and structuring of professional groups, and represents taxpayers who have disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Kyle is a contributor to several tax publications and presents on tax topics for the Canadian Tax Foundation, Law Society of Ontario, Ontario Bar Association, and Chartered Professional Accountants Ontario. He is a current member of the Programming Committee for the Ontario Tax Conference and a former member of the CTF Toronto Young Practitioners Steering Committee.
Before joining Thorsteinssons, Kyle practiced with the tax group of a large national law firm, where he focussed on domestic and international tax planning. He was also a clerk at the Federal Court of Canada.
- In-Depth Tax Course, CPA Canada
- J.D., University of Manitoba
- B.A., University of Manitoba
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Canadian Tax Foundation, member of the Programming Committee for the Ontario Tax Conference
- Canadian Bar Association: Tax Law Section
- International Fiscal Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - Affiliate member