Florence Sauve is a partner in the Toronto office of Thorsteinssons LLP.
Florence’s practice focuses on all aspects of taxpayer representation and tax litigation and also includes personal and corporate tax planning. She assists her clients in managing and resolving tax audit and appeal disputes and represents her clients before the courts. Florence has extensive experience in making representations to the federal and provincial tax authorities and successfully negotiating favourable out of court settlements. She is currently working on a number of audits and appeals dealing with a wide range of international and domestic tax issues. Florence also writes on various tax issues and her work has been published in the Thomson Reuters’ Tax Litigation and the Canadian Tax Foundation’s Canadian Tax Highlights.
Before joining Thorsteinssons LLP, Florence clerked at the Tax Court of Canada.
Florence is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, Law Society of British Columbia and New York State Bar. She is fluent in English, French, and Spanish.
- In-Depth Tax Course, CPA Canada
- LL.M., New York University (International Taxation; Hauser Global Scholar; Fulbright Scholar)
- J.D., University of Ottawa (National Program; Gold Medalist)
- LL.L., University of Ottawa (Gold Medalist)
- B.Soc.Sc., University of Ottawa (International Development and Globalization; Gold Medalist)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Member, International Fiscal Association