Alexander is a partner practicing in the firm’s Vancouver office.
Alexander’s practice covers several areas of taxation, including estate planning, pre-sale and divestiture structuring, owner-manager remuneration, taxpayer representation, and tax litigation. Alexander routinely advises on and implements reorganizations for individuals, trusts, and both private and public corporations in both the domestic and international context, and has overseen the successful resolution of several complex tax litigation matters. Alexander has also developed expertise regarding the Canadian taxation of cryptocurrency, blockchain, and other digital assets.
Alexander is a prolific speaker and has presented at numerous conferences, seminars, and other speaking engagements, including at the Canadian Tax Foundation’s Annual Tax Conference and multiple Regional Conferences. He has also written several papers and articles on a variety of tax-related matters. Alexander is a former Chair of the Steering Committee of the Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioner’s Vancouver Chapter, is a Director on the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) BC & Yukon Division Board of Directors, and was recently named a CLEBC Rising Star Contributor. Alexander is also a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the Canadian Bar Association.
- B.A. (With Distinction), University of Calgary (International Relations)
- B.A. (With Distinction), University of Calgary (Political Science)
- J.D., Queen’s University (graduated as member of Dean’s Honour List; George Norman Leipnik Award in International Legal Studies; Reuben Wells Leonard Prize in European Union Law)
- Completed CPA In-Depth Tax Course
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Former Chair, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners' (Vancouver Chapter) Steering Committee
- Director, Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) BC & Yukon Division Board of Directors
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Taxation Law Subsection)
- CLEBC Rising Star Contributor (2011-2018)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)