Alexander is a partner practicing in the firm’s Vancouver office.
Alexander’s practice covers several areas of taxation, including owner-manager remuneration, estate planning, pre-sale and divestiture structuring, and taxpayer representation (both at the administrative appeal stage and in front of the Tax Court of Canada and beyond). Alexander has routinely advised on and implemented reorganizations for individuals, trusts, and private corporations in both the domestic and international context, and has overseen the successful resolution of several complex tax litigation matters. Alexander regularly speaks and presents at numerous conferences, seminars, and other speaking engagements, including at the Canadian Tax Foundation’s 2016 Annual Tax Conference and multiple Regional Conferences, and has written several papers and articles on a variety of tax-related matters. Alexander is a former Chair of the Steering Committee of the Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioner’s Vancouver Chapter, is a Director on the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) BC & Yukon Division Board of Directors, and was recently named a CLEBC Rising Star Contributor.
- B.A. (With Distinction), University of Calgary (International Relations)
- B.A. (With Distinction), University of Calgary (Political Science)
- J.D., Queen’s University (graduated as member of Dean’s Honour List; George Norman Leipnik Award in International Legal Studies; Reuben Wells Leonard Prize in European Union Law)
- Completed CPA In-Depth Tax Course
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Former Chair, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners' (Vancouver Chapter) Steering Committee
- Director, Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) BC & Yukon Division Board of Directors
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Taxation Law Subsection)
- CLEBC Rising Star Contributor (2011-2018)