Corporate Tax Associate
Thorsteinssons LLP is currently seeking a highly motivated junior Associate for our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be recently called or have 1-3 years of experience ideally including corporate and/or litigation and possibly tax planning experience and will thrive in an intellectually challenging and creative environment which holds a unique opportunity for work life balance, professional growth, and a top tier income.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and support senior counsel in corporate-commercial and tax matters;
- Advising on business transfers, corporate reorganizations, prepare legal opinions, compliance reviews, assist with audits, licensing and registration requirements, collection issues, director’s liability issues, etc.;
- Conduct detailed review and analysis of tax issues;
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law;
- Provide impeccable client service and complete research and memoranda to form legal opinions that assist our clients in making business decisions;
- Work ambitiously as valuable member of our team and efficiently use the resources available to advance institutional knowledge; and
- Other routine tax and corporate matters.
Your Core Competencies
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients to consistently meet and exceed expectations;
- Academic excellence;
- A superb understanding of commercial transactions from a client’s perspective;
- Ability to remain productive while demonstrating superior analytical and problem-solving skills within a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Strong research, verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for effective communication with clients, other lawyers and staff; and
- Ability to exercise strong initiative and judgment.
Founded in 1964, with offices in Vancouver and Toronto, Thorsteinssons is Canada’s largest law firm specializing in tax and our lawyers are consistently recognized as leading tax practitioners in Canada and around the world.
Thorsteinssons takes pride in cultivating a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified applicants of all abilities to apply. We will accommodate applicants with disability-related needs (to the point of undue hardship) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a covering letter and resume in PDF format to Rick Wong, Partner, at email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the reference line of your email and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.