CRA Says It Will Issue Clearance Certificates for Partial Estate Distributions

The CRA said that legal representatives of a graduated rate estate may apply for a clearance certificate for a partial distribution of assets and the process to request a partial clearance certificate is the same as with other types of clearance certificate requests.  The details of the CRA’s comment can be viewed here: 2016-0632641C6.

Prepared by: Ken Jiang

Ken Jiang is a partner at the firm’s Vancouver office. His practice focuses on corporate and personal tax planning, international tax planning and representation of taxpayers in disputes with Canada Revenue Agency. Ken is fluent and proficient in Chinese (Mandarin).… more »