Terry is a partner working out of the Vancouver and Toronto offices of Thorsteinssons LLP.
Terry’s practice focuses on the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), Goods and Services Tax (GST), Provincial Sales Tax, customs law, land transfer taxes, municipal taxation and all other Canadian commodity and indirect taxes. Terry has practiced in the GST area since the inception of the tax in 1991 and writes extensively on GST/HST and other indirect tax matters in Canadian and international publications. Areas of particular experience include real estate development, financial services, cross-border transactions, health care and medical practitioners, First Nations, and charities/non-profits. Terry’s practice also includes provincial sales tax and GST/HST appeals and litigation.
- B.A. (Hons), University of Victoria (History)
- B.A. University of Victoria (Economics)
- LL.B (University of Toronto)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Author Canadian chapter of VAT Worldwide (International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation/IBFD)
- Editor, Sales and Use Tax (Federated Press)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Vancouver Commodity Tax Professionals Study Group
- Vice-President, Congregation Schara Tzedeck
- Director, Ohel Ya-akov Community Kollel
- Director, Orthodox Rabbinical Council of British Columbia
- Former Director, Vancouver Hebrew Academy