Rebecca Potter is a partner practicing in the firm’s Toronto office.
Her practice focuses on all aspects of taxpayer representation and tax litigation and also includes tax planning for not-for-profit organizations, and charities. She has appeared before the Tax Court of Canada, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and the Federal Court of Appeal and is currently working on a number of tax appeals dealing with a wide range of international, domestic and provincial tax issues.
Rebecca has spoken at numerous continuing education programs on tax topics including current audit and litigation issues, an overview of tax attributes, and rectification. She also writes on various tax issues and her work has been published in the Thomson Reuters’ Tax Litigation, Canada Law Book’s Key Developments in Estates and Trusts Law in Ontario, and the Canadian Tax Foundation’s Canadian Tax Highlights.
- JD, Osgoode Hall Law School
- BSocSc, University of Ottawa (Magna Cum Laude)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Advocates’ Society
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Former Member, Executive Committee of the OBA’s Charity and Not-for-Profit Section