Alexander is an associate practicing in the firm’s Vancouver office.
Alexander’s practice covers several areas of taxation, including owner-manager remuneration, estate planning, pre-sale and divestiture structuring, and taxpayer representation (both at the administrative appeal stage and in front of the Tax Court of Canada). Alexander has routinely advised on and implemented reorganizations for individuals, trusts, and private corporations in both the domestic and international context. Alexander has also presented at numerous events, including the Canadian Tax Foundation’s 2014 British Columbia and Ontario Regional Tax Conferences, and has written several papers and articles on a variety of tax-related matters.
- B.A. (With Distinction), University of Calgary (International Relations)
- B.A. (With Distinction), University of Calgary (Political Science)
- J.D., Queen’s University (graduated as member of Dean’s Honour List; George Norman Leipnik Award in International Legal Studies; Reuben Wells Leonard Prize in European Union Law)
- Completed CPA In-Depth Tax Course
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Chair, Canadian Tax Foundation Young Practitioners – Vancouver Chapter
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Taxation Law Subsection)